Last Updated: October 15, 2021
- Who We Are
- What Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Your Data Protection Rights
- EEA Data Subjects’ Data Protection Rights
- California and Nevada Residents’ Privacy Rights
- Third-Party Links
- How We Keep Your Personal Information Secure
- Retention of Your Personal Information
- International Users
- Children’s Information
- No Rights of Third Parties
- Contact Us
- WHO WE ARE
Hurlbut Visuals, Inc. is a U.S. based company that provides subscription-based content and educational programs and other related services.
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information you provide to us: You may provide personal information to us when you sign up for an account to access and use the Services, when you participate in any of our programs, consult with customer support or send us an email or communicate with us in any way (for example, to make a support request) or you make a purchase. The personal information we collect may include: your contact information (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address) and contact preferences; account information (such as your username and password); and if you make a purchase, payment details (card information, alternative payment method information, invoices, order information and transaction history). If you ever communicate directly with us, we may maintain a record of those communications and responses.
- Information You Post. Some of our Services may provide access to public facing community forums or searchable databases (“Public Forums”) which are designed to enable you to post comments, create a public profile, or post and any information or content you post becomes public information and is potentially subject to redistribution by Hurlbut Visuals and other third parties. You can choose to only have your profile accessible to certain members on our Sites. However, once information is available to others Public Forum you should remember that there is no expectation of privacy and we have no control over how other users may use the information you make public. Therefore, you should exercise caution and discretion when deciding to disclose your personal information in a submission for or posting on a Community Forum.
- Location Information. We may collect information about your location which may include your precise location. We may collect this using different types of technologies, including GPS and Wi-Fi. We also collect IP addresses and device identifiers that may provide location information.
- Information We Collect Automatically Through Cookies and Similar Technologies: We use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons to automatically collect information about how you interact with our Sites and Services and other websites over time and across devices. We may also have third parties collect information this way. For more information on cookies and similar tracking technology and how they are used and how you can opt out of such use please refer to our .
- Information Imported from Social Networks: When you choose to interact with us through social media your interactions with the social media platforms (“Social Networks”) typically allows the Social Networks to collect information such as “Likes,” profile information gathered from the Social Networks, or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our Services. Social Networks may collect information about you through digital cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms even when you are not directly interacting with their applications. Please review the Social Networks’ privacy policies and choices for sharing information of any Social Network connected to our Services.
- Information We Collect From Other Sources: In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers and services to you, we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, data providers, as well as from other third parties.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect or receive (alone or in combination):
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to provide you access to the Services or products you have ordered, educational workshops, to respond to any inquiry, feedback, or information and materials regarding our products and services.
- to send administrative information to you, for example, invoices, renewal notices, information regarding our Services or Sites, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- to send you marketing communications, including via email and SMS in compliance with applicable laws and in accordance with your preferences, that we believe may be of interest to you.
- to personalize your experience on our Sites by presenting content and offers tailored to you and your interests.
- To process and deliver surveys, sweepstakes, and other promotions and filing as required by law.
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Sites and products and Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- for other reasons that we may describe to you at the time of collection.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients and for the following reasons:
- Service providers. In order to provide our Services to you, it is necessary for us to disclose your information to contracted third parties and service provider partners who perform certain functions of our Services on our behalf. Examples include cloud hosting providers (to provide data storage and processing services); communications providers (to process new queries and to manage our emails); third party fulfillment providers (to send you products or provide access to our Services).
- Targeted Advertising. We will share your information collected about your visits over time and across our Services and multiple devices and other websites in order to serve targeted advertising to you. For more information on targeted advertising and how to manage your preferences please refer to our Cookie Notice.
- Your User Content. If you choose to submit content (e.g., photos, videos, stories, online reviews, or communications to our editorial staff) (“User Content”), we may publish your name, screen name and other information you have provided to us on our Sites, social media accounts or the websites and social media accounts of affiliated Hurlbut Visuals’ sites. Before we do so we will ask your permission.
- Compliance with laws. We may disclose information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Consent. We may share your information with any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
- YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
- Access to Information. If you are a member you can access, correct, update, and delete personal information you have provided to us by logging into your account and going to the preference center and your contact information. If you are a member and do not want to go into your account or are not a member you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call customer service at 747-999-5321 or write to us at Hurlbut Visuals, Inc., 4111 W Alameda Avenue, Suite 505, Burbank, CA 91505.
- Opting-Out of Marketing Emails. You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe”. You can also email us at email@example.com, call customer service at 747-999-5321 or write to us at Hurlbut Visuals, Inc., 4111 W Alameda Avenue, Suite 505, Burbank, CA 91505. If you choose to no longer receive marketing information from us we may still communicate with you regarding such things as security updates, product functionality, responses to service requests, or other transactional, non-marketing purposes.
- Turning Off Tracking Technologies. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a persistent or session cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off such cookies through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. It is important to remember that many of our Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. Please refer to our Cookie Notice for more information.
- Browser “Do Not Track” Signals. Some third-party browsers provide “do not track” machine readable signals for websites, which are automatically applied by default. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our Sites or Services may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
- Interest Based Ads. Please refer to our Cookies Notice for opt out information.
- Control Tools on Your Mobile Devices. There may be controls on your mobile devices such as the ability to turn off GPS locator and other privacy settings.
- Consent. If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then depending on the jurisdiction where you reside and applicable law you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Timing and Third Parties. We will endeavor to comply with your request for changes as soon as reasonably possible. Unless required by law, we are not responsible for informing third parties with whom we have already shared your information of any changes requested pursuant to this section, or for removing information from or causing information to be removed from the databases or records of such entities.
- EEA DATA SUBJECTS’ DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
If you are located in the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- Right of Access: If you wish to access your personal information, you can do so at any time by logging into your account or by contacting us at GDPRDataRequest@hurlbutvisuals.com or using the contact details provided in Section 16 below.
- Right to Correction: If you wish to correct or update your personal information, you can do so at any time by logging into your account or by contacting us at GDPRDataRequest@hurlbutvisuals.com or using the contact details provided in Section 16 below.
- Right to Erasure: If you wish to request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us at GDPRDataRequest@hurlbutvisuals.com or using the contact details provided in Section 16 below.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: In addition, in certain circumstances you can object to processing of your personal information or ask us to restrict processing of your personal information by contacting us at GDPRDataRequest@hurlbutvisuals.com or using the contact details provided in Section 16 below.
- Right to Data Portablity: In certain circumstances you can request portability of your personal information by contacting us at GDPRDataRequest@hurlbutvisuals.com or using the contact details provided in Section 16 below.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Lodging a Complaint: You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information please contact your local data protection authority.
- CALIFORNIA AND NEVADA RESIDENTS’ PRIVACY RIGHTS
A Notice to California and Nevada Residents: If you are a resident of California or Nevada, you may apply limits to the sale of certain personal information to third parties for resale or licensing purposes, subject to applicable law. Hurlbut Visuals does not sell your personal information for any use. You are entitled to register your preference for limits on such sales in the future by sending an email to NevadaPrivacyRequest@hurlbutvisuals.com, with the subject line, “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” or “California Do Not Sell Request” along with your first and last name, zip code, and whether you are a former or current member of any of our Services so that we can match your information to your account.
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS
- HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so you should take care in deciding what information you send us in this way.
- RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements, to maintain records of fraud, to enforce our agreements or comply with our legal obligations), or in accordance with our standard business practices.
- INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Sites and Services are provided and hosted in the United States. If you are using the Sites or Services from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information, in the United States and other locations. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country. By using the Sites or Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information.
- CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Sites and Services are intended for a general audience and is not directed or intended for anyone under 18 years of age. You must be 18 years of age or the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside to use the Sites or Services. Any information we receive from people we believe to be under this age will be purged from our database. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 or have any reasonable grounds to believe that children under the age of 18 are accessing or using our Sites or Services.
- NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
- CONTACT US
When contacting us, please include your full name, address, phone number, and email address, and indicate the specific nature of your request or inquiry.
The data controller of your personal information is Hurlbut Visuals, Inc.