Our friends at Filmsupply just announced Edit Fest, a free editing competition for professional editors amongst you, with more than $80,000 in cash and prizes up for grabs!
Their goal is to challenge you creatively, draw out your best editing work, and get you noticed by some of the biggest names in the film industry.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
Over the course of 30 days (September 10 – October 10) you’ll have the chance to show off your editing skills and challenge yourself by cutting a spec piece in one of three categories: Advertisement, Movie Trailer, or Title Sequence. You’ll have access to Filmsupply’s library of footage (as well as access to music from Musicbed and sound effects from Boom Library) The rest is up to you.
Beyond the killer prizes, the judges’ panel is made up of some of the biggest names in the film industry. And they’re going to be reviewing your work personally. They’ll get a first hand look at what you can do and Filmsupply has included personalized feedback from judges as part of the grand prize packages.
INDUSTRY EXPERT JUDGES
- Scott Mitsui – Creative Director for Movie Trailers at Mark Woollen & Associates (The Social Network, The Revenant)
- Patrick Clair – Creative Director for title sequences at Antibody (True Detective, Westworld)
- Sherina Florence – Creative Director at Ogilvy (Apple, Beats by Dre)
- Victor Jory – Head of Editorial at The Mill (True Detective, Lexus RX)
- Dallas Taylor – Founder/CEO of Defacto Sound (Fallout 4, Game of Thrones)
- Joyce Chen – Head of Production at Facebook (Community, Get Together)
- John Likens – Creative Director for title sequences at Method Studios (Deadpool 2, The Night Of)
- Jessica Fox – Creative Director for movie trailers at Mark Woollen & Associates (Roma, The Shape of Water)
- Rodrigo Valdes – Director at The Maestros (Toyota, PETA)
- Dorian & Daniel – Directors at Academy Films (Johnnie Walker, Volvo)
WHAT YOU’RE BEING JUDGED ON
Your final cut will be graded on Concept, Rhythm, Emotion, and Sound. After the judges review your editing work, Filmsupply will announce winners for Best Title Sequence, Best Advertisement, Best Movie Trailer, and People’s Choice. Here’s a partial rundown of the prizes (download the starter kit at editfest.filmsupply.com to get the full list):
$65,000 in sponsored prizes
Personal Written Feedback from World-Class Judges
Featured in Post Magazine Article
$500 B&H gift card
Be sure to go to editfest.filmsupply.com to get more information about this year’s competition.